Thursday, December 21, 2006

Cecil be Groutchy...

It's the winter solstice. That's why I'm so slow and sleepy. And grouchy. Has nothing to do with the bottles of Fat Tire I consumed last night or staying up too late watching Charlie Rose.

I think I could do a better job than Charlie Rose. It rarely seems he knows what he's talking about. I don't like the man. But he gets great guests and it's not about soundbites. Hard to find elsewhere...

Tonight is performance 5 of 8 of "Welcome Yule" with Chicago Symphony Orchestra. By the 4th show, I think we had worked the bugs out of the curtain call. The conductor's mother died a few nights ago over our "weekend", but he'll be on the podium tonight. Such a trooper. I had a rehearsal with the cover conductor a couple of days ago - just in case. He's fairly young as far as conductor's go : I guess early 30's. He was excited at the prospect of conducting the world renowned CSO. I had no idea the CSO was SUCH a big deal. I guess because I'm not a citizen of the musician world. I am CSO's official fool, I suppose. Looks like I'll be back again next year. It's truly a great gig.

Tomorrow will be my last day of work for a couple of weeks. I'll be home with young Max as he's out of school for the winter break.

No comments: